- Direct Known Subclasses:
- AgentBase, AgentSystem, ServingThread
- public abstract class CancellableThread
- extends Thread
A thread which can be cancelled by another thread. If it does not want to die, its priority
is set to a minimum (Thread.stop() is deprecated).
- 1.0, 1.7.2000
- Michael Sonntag
Cancel this thread.
true if this thread-object (not the current thread!)
Main method of the thread.
Cancels this tread and wait till it has stopped (or it is impossible).
|Methods inherited from class java.lang.Thread
public void cancel()
- Cancel this thread. Will try to stop it, but returns immediately.
public boolean isCancelled()
true if this thread-object (not the current thread!) is cancelled.
- if this thread is cancelled
public boolean terminate(long maxWaitToDie)
- Cancels this tread and wait till it has stopped (or it is impossible).
Will wait for a number of seconds or indefinitely (called with 0).
If called from within the thread a
ThreadDeath error will be thrown
if it dies not gracefully.
maxWaitToDie - number of seconds to wait for the thread to stop gracefully
true if the thread is stopped (false: continues to run)
public abstract void run()
- Main method of the thread. Subclasses must override and place funtion in here.
Any subclasses should regularly check if this thread is cancelled, especially
wait was interrupted.
- run in class Thread
Submit a bug
Copyright 2000 Michael Sonntag & Institute for Information Processing and Microprocessor Technology (FIM), Johannes-Kepler-University Linz, Altenbergerstr. 69, A-4040 Linz, Austria.