- Using the computer and managing
The purpose of this module is to test the student's
knowledge of the basic housekeeping functions required
for the efficient use of the computer.
The student will demonstrate the ability to carry
out basic tasks using the computer. The test consists of
- Start the computer and shut it down properly.
- Create a directory and a sub--directory --
understand the directory structure.
- Move and copy files.
- Delete files from one or more directories.
- Create a file, using an editor, and save in a
directory. The editor can be a word processing
program or a simple editor.
- Rename files.
- Examine a directory, understand the number of
files in that directory, the size of files and
the date files were created/updated.
- Be able to format a diskette.
- Take backup copies of data --copy files onto
another disc or onto another directory on the
- Save files onto floppy discs.
- Know how to select different printers.
- Be able to print from an installed printer.
The pass mark is 80%. The time allowed is 45 minutes.
The answer will be handed up on floppy disc (the tests
may be sent to the examiner via e-mail if the appropriate
security measures are in place). All documents must be
Module 1 Module 2